Arabic Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters Journal – SRHM
- An Arabic Journal about sexual and reproductive health and rights. Its contents are selected and translated from articles in the original English version.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters (SRHM) is a peer-reviewed journal for researchers, practitioners and students who are concerned about reproductive health in the Middle East and the whole world. The Journal is concerned about health systems, and especially about reproductive health issues. The Journal is providing the Arab reader with current and important information concerning reproductive health issues. It is distributed free in Egypt and the Arab world.
- SRHM exists to:
- Discuss the reproductive health issues
- Discuss the current issues of the health systems, maternal mortality and cancers
- Promote laws, policies, research and services that meet the sexual and reproductive health needs of women and men
- Motivate improvements in policy, services and practice.
- Inspire new thinking and action in the field.
- The Arabic SRHM journal consists of articles and research translated from English to Arabic.
- The journal is published twice a year. The first edition of Arabic SRHM Journal was published in 1998, and currently we are preparing the Issue # 21.
- The journal is being funded by SRHM which is a UK-based independent charity organization, producing in-depth publications on reproductive and sexual health and rights for an international, multi-disciplinary audience. The SRHM Journal in English is funded by the Macarthur Foundation and others.
- The main SRHM journal is in English and there are editions in seven other languages. Egypt is responsible for issuing the Arabic version of Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters.
- Dr Shirin Heidari is the Director and Editor of Reproductive Health Matters